Wellness Through Food was created by me to develop and share whole-food recipes, research health topics and create personalized nutrition plans for individuals. I can help people use food and supplements to simply obtain optimal wellness or prevent and/or improve symptoms of chronic disease (obesity, heart disease, diabetes, autoimmune disease). My approach is science based as much as possible but focuses on the whole body rather than individual symptoms. Whether you are overweight, suffering from a chronic disease, or just want to feel better, I can create a plan, do the research and make suggestions to help you meet your goals.
Nutritional Assessment – Together we will explore concerns specific to you and discover the tools you need to fulfill your goals. This can include but is not limited to:
- Assessment of health through an intake form and consult
- One on one nutritional consulting sessions and check-ins
- Email support between sessions
- Meal plans based on your symptoms and testing
- Blood work analysis – I can look at and make suggestions on nutritional markers in the basic blood tests that you can get from your doctor
- Specialized Functional Medicine tests to assess hormones and nutritional biomarkers through blood, urine and stool.
- Nutrigenomic DNA analysis obtained from your 23 and me results
- Supplement/herb recommendations if needed
What I don’t do: Tell you to stop taking prescription medicine or replace medical advice from your doctor. I don’t diagnose or prescribe. What I suggest should supplement and or help you improve how you interact with your doctor and provide questions you can ask to help you advocate for yourself. Education goes a long way!
Some of the testing I utilize in my practice:
MRT food and food chemical testing: https://nowleap.com/the-patented-mediator-release-test-mrt/. This is my most popular test. I believe that eating the “right” food for you can be life changing and where everyone should start.
DUTCH hormone testing: https://dutchtest.com
Great Plains Laboratory: https://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/select-a-test
ULTA lab testing-cash based prices for general lab testing https://www.ultalabtests.com